Thursday 24 November 2011

Out and About

Hey guys and girls,

well, you've probably guessed by now that I'm studying FdA animation at Newcastle College and so I thought I'd check out my new surroundings! It's always nice to take inspiration from what's around you rather than what's on the screen in this increasingly digital age! Trips to the Laing art gallery and Baltic have been extremely helpful, some of the oil paintings at the Laing are just mind blowing, they also recently had  an exhibition dedicated to Mervyn Peake with some fantastic Pen & Ink illustrations from the Brother's Grimm and things. Also the Turner prize was held at the Baltic this year which was really inspiring, I know who's got my vote but I won't mention them here. GEORGE SHAW... Seriously though, his paintings were incredible, I won't go in to too much detail about them here, maybe in a future post, trying to space these things out!

 







Anyways back to the exploring! I went down to Jesmond Dene for a bit of a walk, man it was cold! But I did see some lovely things and it was nice to get away from the computer screen and the sketch pad for a second. They also had a little 'pet centre' there with some interesting little critters, I will definitely have to get back there with my sketchbook when the weather perks up! But apart from that I've got a few pictures I took (from my iPhone again, sorry about that...) just before it got dark. (man it gets dark early these days)

                    
That's all for now, thanks for watching,

Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...